Saturday, March 24, 2007

Bowl 2


The serious bowl has been done, now for the not so serious one! The idea came to me at a place where I'm sure lots of people find inspiration. Also reminded me of one of my all-time favourite poems -
'With Sincerest Regrets' by Russel Edson
Like a white snail the toilet slides into the living room, demanding to be loved.
It is impossible, and we tender our sincerest regrets.
In the book of the heart there is no mention made of plumbing.
And though we have spent our intimacy many times with you, you belong to an unfortunate reference, which we would rather not embrace.......
The toilet slides out of the living room like a white snail, flushing with grief.......

6 comments:

Linda said...

:-D I heard that poem years ago, but had forgotten about it! What a fun response to the challenge!

Felicity said...

Nice sketch and very clever interpretation!

phthaloblu said...

Great twist on the theme. Fun drawing! Excellently done.

Emma Pod said...

This is such a hoot! I love it.

Joanne said...

Ahhahahaha. That poem made me laugh out loud. Guffaw actually. How clever to draw the toilet bowl as response to the bowl challenge! Nice job on the drawing too. Thanks for the laugh.

Alison said...

I love both your bowls - you have done lots of lovely sketches recently. We home educated/unschooled our two all the way to university. There always seemed to be something to worry about as we went along - but i wish I hadn't. They have turned out fantastic, arriving at university (not that that was our particular aim, rather their choice) as fresh, curious and motivated as when they were four. I'm so glad we persevered. You can see my visual take on my own Scottish schooling on the current page of my scribbles blog.