Saturday, June 23, 2007

We'll be off then.

We've finally made a decision about when we're actually going to leave Germany. Due to some tax issues we're leaving a couple of weeks earlier than planned. Three more weeks until Phil finishes work then off to Switzerland and Italy for 10 days and then home. I'm excited, I can't wait to see everyone at home! Despite all my whining, I will miss Germany, it has been hard but what I've reaped from this experience I will always be grateful for. Today I walked around the town and thought I may never see it again, I've felt so alien here but this place has absorbed me into it, it has been my home if only for half a year. I know from past travels how the places you visit just get better in memory once you've left, I think Aachen will be a place that the family and I will talk about always, a shared experience that is ours, a memory that we will share long after the kids have grown.

No comments: