Monday, August 26, 2013

Everyone needs a pair of red shoes.




Day 2 Red Shoes.
"Everyone needs a pair of red shoes.


Sometimes practicality interferes with living fully.  If you don't own a pair of red shoes, buy a pair and go dancing with someone you love as soon as possible!"

(A Year of Living Your Yoga. Judith Hanson Lassater Phd.)


I do own these red shoes, but if I tried dancing in them I would have to complete the rest of my yoga365 on crutches!  I'm afraid today isn't a very good day for buying shoes or dancing.
  
We're going to the snow soon and today I'm dog proofing the living area.
Pepe will experience a great privilege while we're away, staying unsupervised with the whole downstairs at his disposal.  Don't worry, we're not leaving him to fend for himself or anything, he will be visited often by his great friend from Our Little Monsters pet sitting.  I do worry about the things that might find themselves into his jaws though.

Today, I tried some Vinyasa Flow Yoga., I used this Youtube video.  I've never done this type of yoga before and it was really enjoyable.  Somehow, moving on the breath was challenging physically, but not so much that all I could think about was the discomfort, which sometimes happens to me with other styles of yoga.    I think striving in a pose can defeat the purpose.  In classes, I've often been told not to come in and out of a pose, to breathe through it and accept the discomfort.  I know we shouldn't be flopping about in class, but here at home, I don't push myself to the limit.  This is partly because I don't want to aggravate any Chronic Fatigue and partly because if I'm in too much discomfort, I lose focus.  I really want to learn this year- to learn about myself and my connection to the Universe.  A few days ago I practiced by only going 2/3 of the way into each pose (a suggestion from "A Year of Living Your Yoga") I got so much out of that session, I was so much more aware of my breath working with my body and I was aware of where I was in space.

I really enjoyed Savasana (Corpse Pose) today, it is and always has been one of my favourite places to be.  When my body softens into the floor, I feel like a kid again, like when I felt completely safe in this big world because I knew I was watched out for and cared for.

Well, it's time to get tidying.  See you tomorrow!

No comments: