Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Emotions

Day 4.

"The emotions of daily life are the stuff of our transformation.

Living your yoga: Spend today observing your emotions: irritation, boredom, anxiety. Let them rise and fall and remember you are not your feelings. They offer you insight into yourself, that's all. Let them go."

(A Year of Living Your Yoga by Judith Hanson Lassater Phd.)

Well, today I had plenty of emotions to observe! We were up at the crack of dawn to go into the city for my son's medical appointment. I didn't sleep well last night, kept having weird dreams and our cat licks himself REALLY loudly!

When we got to the doctor's, she told us it would take about an hour, so my daughter and I went for a walk. We went to a big, beautiful park. The weather was fabulous, very warm considering it's still Winter. DD climbed trees and ran around the fountains and I enjoyed sun rays on my face.

But then I got a call from my husband, the doctor had called him at work because she didn't have my number. Our son wasn't well and could I come and get him? DD looked so disappointed, we were in sight of the swings and slides and we also had plans of going to their favourite indoor playground later in the day. " I guess we can go another day" she said sadly as I practically dragged her away.

My DS was in the midst of an anxiety attack when we finally got there, he was as pale as a sheet and shaking all over, the poor thing had no idea what was happening to him. DD teared up as well when she saw him.

We all sat outside until he could walk but he wanted to go home and at the same time didn't want to go in the car. DD told him about the park and he agreed to go. It didn't take long being on the green grass with trees around to relax him. We stayed for ages and I forgot all the things I wanted to get done today. We did make it to the indoor playground, I still have a mountain of things to get done but overall it turned into a wonderful day!

My yoga practice will be to do some relaxing poses before bed to release those emotions of the day. xxx

 

No comments: