Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Bigger

(Copyright Deb Salter 2013)

Day 15 and 16.

"Allow yourself to become a bigger container to hold all of life.

Living Your Yoga:  Sit quietly with a long spine and slightly dropped head.  As you breathe, visualize your awareness expanding until it holds this whole moment as it is:  sounds, sights, and smells.  Take it all in and let it all go.  Observe the storms we call thoughts, rising and falling.  Remain for ten minutes, and then slowly get up to live your day fully."
( A Year of Living Your Yoga by Judith Hanson Lassater PhD.,P.T)

Yesterday, my daughter and I went to visit my family.  It was lovely to see them, we took Mum out for lunch and then went to my Brother's house.  We got home late in the day and well......I managed to sit in child's pose before bed and listened to this fabulous Tibetan chant, but that was it.
And today, the day is about done.  I have come to the realization that there is more to simply committing to 365 days of Yoga, I need to actually timetable this.  Assuming that there will be time at the end of every day to do Yoga is not working for me, too many unexpected things pop up to derail my plans.  It does seem obvious that if I do Yoga first thing in the morning, then that will get rid of any problem.  It is still a problem.  Because of my extreme fatigue, I certainly do not feel great in the morning. I've found that little steps work best for me.  Starting tomorrow, I am going to do at least 20mins of Yoga.

This day is nearly over but I still have time to sit for ten minutes, then off to bed!



No comments: