Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Breathe



Day 24.

"As you breathe in, cherish yourself.  As you breathe out, cherish all beings."
His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama.

I've been cherishing myself a lot lately.  Mainly by allowing myself to nap and to have a little peaceful space.  So, I'm sorry I've not been posting for a couple of days. Although, I haven't blogged, of course I'm still doing yoga on a daily basis and still I feel the benefits every day.  Finally, I've worked out that my 365 days of yoga doesn't mean I have to post about it everyday-  it becomes more about the blog and less about the yoga that way. 
Saturday was spent napping a lot, which Ziggy my cat baby thought was marvelous.  On Sunday the weather was beautiful and mild and I got into the garden.  I'm currently waging war on a mat of weeds but I also got some potatoes in.  It's an exciting time in the garden right now, even though it's only early Spring and we still have very cold weather, there is a subtle change in the air- the scent of blossoms, a lack of biting chill, a little more daylight.
We had a lot of rain yesterday, it bucketed down all day.  But today is cloudy but dry.  I can see some dark clouds in the South out my window but at the moment it's perfect.  I'm excited that soon I'll be able to put my mat out on the grass to practice.  It's so special to be outside doing yoga, to feel a warm breeze on your body and to hear the gorgeous bird sounds.
Today's practice- "Freeing the feet" yogadownload.com

No comments: