Saturday, September 7, 2013

Delicious Bananas.

(Photo from Flickr Creative Commons.)

Day 14.

"God has given us a delicious banana, and we are eating the peel.

Living Your Yoga:  Sit quietly and notice how many of your thoughts are about things that are truly unimportant in the scope of a whole life.  Inhale, and as you exhale, focus on the gifts of life and the presence of someone to love.  Then continue your day with a lighter heart."
(A Year of Living Your Yoga by Judith Hanson Lassater PhD.,P.T)

On the night that Australia votes to elect a new government, I am filled with trepidation because the outcome has not gone how I would have liked.  How easy it would be to carry this negativity.  I am eating the peel.  The truth of the matter is that no matter which side gets in, I am so, so lucky to be living in this country where I live comfortably and relatively worry free.  I am not hungry, I am not afraid, I love and am loved in return.
Tonight I will do my yoga with a light heart and be in the moment.  Already, I feel optimistic for tomorrow!


No comments: