Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Despair.


Day 11.

"Despair is anger turned inward.
Living Your Yoga: Despair is an emotion built on thoughts. The next time you are feeling down about your life, ask yourself this question: Am I feeling trapped, as if there is no choice in my situation right now? Thinking you are stuck can stimulate and contribute to depression. Get up and go for a brisk fifteen-minute walk right now. Focus on the myriad of choices life actually offers you."
(Living Your Yoga by Judith Hanson Lassater).

Today I can feel my shoulders creeping up to my ears. I woke feeling unrested and I feel unwell in my stomach. Six weeks ago, I went off gluten and for the first time ever, I felt light and healthy, I went one step further and adopted a "paleo diet". My fatigue began to lift and I felt, well.....happy.
I mentioned this to my doctor and she took some bloods. I have the gene for coeliac disease and am going to have further tests, however I need to do a gluten challenge, ie. challenge my system by consuming quite a bit of gluten for the next 6-8 weeks. I already feel pretty crappy and in my mind I am terrified of going back to how I was months ago.
Today's "Living Your Yoga" made me realise that yes, life does offer options. I love this phrase. Life is generous, it can give us so much if we can open up and allow those options to happen. Some options I could try are to eat as healthy as possible and just add some sources of extra gluten, I can do yoga daily, but I need to be mindful of my energy levels and remember not to beat myself up if I don't get everything done that I had planned. I feel more positive already!
Today's practice- Sun Salutations facing the sunset.


No comments: